• To assess and improve administrative and survey-based statistics (including the field of asylum, visa and migration) that are generated by justice and home affairs institutions in 7 countries of the Western Balkans (Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, FYROM, Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia).
• To bring national statistics mechanisms in justice and home affairs institutions in the 7 countries towards compliance with relevant international and European Union acquis, standards and best practices
• To strengthen the response to crime and corruption in Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, FYROM, Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia
• Senior law enforcement officials
• Prosecutors and judges
• Staff of ministries of interior and ministries of justice
• National statistical offices
• Preparation of a detailed written country assessment on national asylum visa and migration statistics in Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, FYROM, Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia
• Preparation of recommendations related to asylum, visa and migration statistics in the countries
• Design and deliver training sessions for staff of justice and home affairs institutions on asylum, visa and migration statistics for each project country and territory.
Project website here.
The project is implemented by UNODC in partnership with the European Institute for Crime Prevention and Control affiliated with the United Nations (HEUNI), the Joint Research Centre on Transnational Crime (TRANSCRIME) and the ICMPD.