• To analyse existing and currently developing legal measures and remedies against discrimination of migrants and minorities, especially within the framework of the two European Council anti-discrimination Directives and their implementation through national legislation
• To develop a comparative overview of the existing legislation in the EU Member States
• Development of a conceptual and methodological framework for data collection regarding legislation and problems related to comparability issues
• Description, analysis and comparison of data including: anti-discrimination legislation and the transposition of the EU Directives; constitutional provisions; relevant penal provisions; special legislation of importance in the EU Member States; complementary legal framework of the EU Member States, examination of complaints and court cases
• Analysis of common problems, conclusions and recommendations for the EU and its Member States
Funded by: EUMC
Contact: Veronika Bilger, Albert Kraler (ICMPD)
Bilger, Veronika; Chahrokh, Haleh; and Klug, Wolfgang (2004): Migrants, minorities and legislation: Documenting legal measures and remedies against discrimination in 15 EU- Member States of the European Union. A comparative study submitted on behalf of the European Monitoring Centre on Racism and Xenophobia (EUMC).