The report aimed to shed light on differences and similarities of European integration programmes reflected in the underlying legislation, objectives, concepts, requirements and implementation, as exemplified by the approaches taken in Austria, France, Germany, the Netherlands and Switzerland.
• Comparison and analysis of identified best practices related to integration programmes
• Provision of policy recommendations for the improvement of integration programmes
Funded by: European Union
Contact: Elisabeth Strasser, Albert Kraler (ICMPD)
Project partners: Institute for Migration and Ethnic Studies - IMES (NL), Bundesamt für Migration und Flüchltinge - BAMF (DE), DARES Research Institute of the French Ministry of Labor (FR), Federal Office for Migration - BFM (CH)
Hard copy can be ordered under link
• ICMPD (2005) Integration Agreements and Voluntary Measures. Compulsion or voluntary nature – comparison of compulsory integration courses, programmes and
agreements and voluntary integration programmes and measures in
Austria, France, Germany, the Netherlands and Switzerland. Vienna: ICMPD.
• ICMPD (2005) Integration Agreements and Voluntary Measures. National report: Programme Analysis including analysis of the Experts` Interviews by ICMPD commissioned by the Federal Office for Migration/Bundesamt für Migration (BFM). Vienna: ICMPD.
• Mies van Niekerk (2004) National report: Analysis of Implementation of Integration Programmes in the Netherlands. Institute for Migration and Ethnic Studies (IMES). Amsterdam: Universiteit van Amsterdam.